Here is our latest interview with instagram.com/ecotintedglasses! Check them out on instagram and have a read of what we are all about below!
Beekeeper is a premium, pilsner-style craft lager brewed with the finest ingredients to make a great taste. I have been passionate about brewing great beer for some years, and have studied the craft beer market over the last decade.
I had the concept for Beekeeper about 9 years ago when I first started reading about the decline of the bee population in the UK and the world. I was a student at the time and had the concept, but originally I wanted to brew a honey-infused craft-beer. I was working for a high-end gastro pub at the time and had met one of only twenty seven ‘beer sommeliers’ in the world who told me a lot about the craft beer market. So I had the concept but for whatever reason other projects got in the way.
Fast forward to 2018 and I had developed the concept somewhat. From originally brewing with honey, to now making it a fully vegan product where it hopefully creates a talking point around saving our bees, sustainability, veganism and eco-conscious causes.
I have always been an entrepreneur since I was a kid, my brain seems to be wired differently to most people. I had some personal challenges in 2017 and pretty much to this point, on reflecting on my life, ideas and my career I decided to pursue this project again as not only hopefully supporting myself through running my own business, but to make a difference and do something with purpose.
This is at the heart of everything we do at Bumble Beer and the founding principle.
The Beekeeper Beer Manifesto.
It is time to lay out the exact commitments and aims Beekeeper Beer has for our business and this industry. Below are our founding aims and principles:
- Beekeeper Beer will commit 10% of it’s profits to bee saving charities at the end of each financial year.
- We will only work with organic producers, from trusted agricultural partners that don’t use harmful pesticides.
- We will design and innovate new forms of packaging to be less pollutant and truly recyclable.
- We will create a check-list for each process in the product life-cycle to identify how sustainable it is, and create targets to improve upon this.
- We want all companies to adopt our way of thinking and will establish a consultancy and regularly post our methods when we resolve them in a transparent manner.
- We commit to becoming a zero emissions company as quickly as this is scale-able, within 10 years.